It's about sharing and collaboration...
Creators and users of OER materials are part of a community of sharing and collaboration. Authoring an open text book is not the only way to participate in the Open Education Resources Community:
- Peer review texts in the Open Textbook Library
- Evaluate with rubrics created by others to find materials for your course
- Create or customize an existing OER / open textbook with the guidance of the DeWitt Wallace Library and the support of the Open Textbook Network and Rebus Community
- Submit your new or customized textbook to the Open Textbook Library
- Join the Rebus Community in order to find and create new opportunities for co-authoring or contributing to edited works, or peer reviewing other works
- Start a new project or add your voice and subject expertise to an existing one–on the Rebus Community Open Textbook Development page
- Explore the options available with PubPub.org: a community publishing platform for research, drafting, reviewing and publishing
- Add your comments and content suggestions to the OER Activity Sourcebook –it is being authored in Pressbooks in real time!