• How to balance quiet study space needs with group work spaces?
• How to balance the needs of all members - faculty, students, and staff?
• How to maximize the spaces we have to provide access to physical collections?
• How to integrate new services into existing spaces?
• How to plan for growth in areas such as Archives?
• Audience generated topics?
Vision for 2020, June 2013.
RPC Report on Spaces, Spring 2016 - you will need to login to retrieve the report.
Library Construction and Renovation; transition from paper to digital can make more space available. State of America's Libraries Report, ALA, 2014.
Library Spaces - a visual array of possibilities
A Strategy for Academic Libraries in the First Quarter of the 21st Century. David W. Lewis. September 2007, College & Research Libraries.
The Library as Place: Changes in Learning Patterns, Collections, Technology, and Use, Geoffrey T. Freeman, 2005. Shepley Bulfinch, White Paper. Freeman was one of the architects for the library when it was planned in 1985 with construction completed in 1988.
"Creating the library as Place", Reimagining the Academic Library. David W. Lewis, p. 93-102.